Thursday 26 May 2016

Work News!

I have a tight schedule for the upcoming month. Do you remember when I told you that I wanted a peaceful, breathable birthday? I guess, instead of being peaceful, I am loaded with work. I have a plan already but I kept changing it because the schedules just do not fit any of my birthday plans. The tension of ending this school’s academic year is higher than ever! But I learn to be a peaceful teacher even in this scariest time of the year. I learn not to raise my voice tone, which will only cause me sore throat, ha! This academic year is almost overrrr. I cannot believe it that I have been a teacher for a year now.

Anyway, I am back to live in the teacher’s dorm last Monday and there is no greater feeling than to sleep on your own bed. Not that I did not enjoy my stay at Kak Mici’s house (yes, I stayed for around . . . two weeks?!), because I did. I felt lively as living in my parents’ house. The water was clean and everything was workable (except when the power was off for hours). However, when you left your house for that long, you know what will happen to it, right? Yes, I am not ready to clean everything all over again. Yet, I did it, at midnight with the help of one of the teachers who also live in the dormitory. Praise the Lord!

Another highlight for you people: I ride motorbike, eventually! I am quite impressed with myself. I finally get rid of the trauma after the accident months ago and now I even picked up people back and forth, day and night using motorbike through steep roads. I am now in the process of making the license, though. My heart skips a beat every time I remember that I ride illegally. Please pray so that the process will go smooth. And, I bought my one-way ticket back to hometown already; I am so excited to go to the best place in this world: HOME! J



I have only a week left with my first graders. I do not want to be separated with them. Too selfish, I know. But I guess, this is what you called a first-year-teacher-syndrome. Realizing it or not, you will end up favoring this one class. Even after years of teaching, you must be having one class that really touched you; the one you cannot really move on from. In my case, my first-year-as-a-teacher class right now. I called it my ‘surprise class’ because I got them without knowing their faces, names, backgrounds at all beforehand. My 17 amazing students are indeed surprising. They are surprisingly catching my heart, my attention and my time – my everything. There has not been a day passed without me being surprised in both good and bad ways. The process of us shaping each other is surprisingly fun. I enjoyed every single moment spent with them, even the ones when they were such a pain in the neck and the other way around. After all, perseverance overcomes hardships one step at a time and we’ve proved it.


Inhale and exhale slowly.

Finish strong,





No comments:

Post a Comment