Monday 25 April 2016

A Constant Reminder


The view from the water tower at YABN Sentani

Life is full of constant reminder. I do not really know how to describe the feeling I have right now but it surely must be something about reminder.

I just learned that even though your day goes perfectly as planned, there will always be something – no matter how small it is – that sticks out as a reminder for you. “What is that?” you may ask. First, it is a reminder for us to be grateful. In fact, gratitude is a big deal. Second, the reminder reminds us (especially me) about the word privilege. The word privilege, according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, explains a special opportunity to do something that makes you proud. Yes, I purposefully bolded out those two words – special and opportunity, because they really represent the life I am living right now; the opportunity I have right now which is the special one, indeed. The reminder also can be something that makes you say, “I am not going to do that again” or simply “not anymore”.

But today, I was reminded that my life is a grace. The fact that I am having a job is not apart from the grace God has given to me.
                                                                   
Well, to be honest, I do not know exactly what is going on with me this week. I felt like writing it down here but I just did not know how to start (finally, I did) but now I do not know how (should I) to end this post.

I think I will just end it right here and will write a more proper one later.


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment