Sunday 1 May 2016

Birthday Wish List


Wish list or resolution has never been my thing, not until this year. I am going to turn 23 on June 23 this year, which is just around the corner and I am super excited about it! Last year, I did not feel like celebrating my own birthday because so many things were going on. From the thesis-making, thesis defense, thesis-revisions to preparations for graduation (FYI, we had two kinds of graduation).  Plus, collecting pictures for graduation (childhood picture which was really time and brain consuming since I did not have much of it and, even what I have, had really poor resolutions to be put on the large screen). I also needed to fly way back to my hometown to do fitting for my graduation’s Kebaya. The fact that I went home just for that can tell you how excited I was being graduated. Not to add, I had to make sure I got the invitations to attend graduation ready for my parents and family.

I had my 22nd birthday two weeks after all those hectic days. However, things about birthday went blur because I got an email informing me that I should come to Papua earlier than expected. Ticket was booked by the foundation and I just could not request for any break extension. I meant, I had not prepared anything for Papua, yet. Besides, I could still feel the exhaustions after graduation, and my brain needed some break by not adding another serious matter to think about. In the midst of all that, I thank God for giving me such super amazing parents. They helped me to breathe. Dad took care with the financial (of course, since I did not get any payment yet), transportations (he was all ready for me anytime I called to pick and drop me up somewhere I needed to go to buy things for Papua), packing stuff and the life lessons along the way too. Mom was always ready to lend a hand with the shopping list. She made sure everything I needed went into bag. She also taught me some simple-made recipes which I can use in case there’s an emergency (you know what I mean, right?) ;).

Birthday was finally arrived. Things that I did not expected happened. My mom told me that we were just going to have a small thanksgiving celebration, since it was the month of graduation, birthday and farewell before I left for Papua. But it turned out to be not as ‘small’ as she told. I thought of just inviting my friends and having a casual gathering as we usually do in our culture. In fact, our house was flooded by my parents’ friends, which I found pretty funny, since I was the one having birthday, not my parents. But, anyway, I know my parents were too excited preparing for this and I just could not break it by showing no enthusiasm. Everyone enjoyed the party. I was gladly exhausted. In the end, it was not a bad day at all J



My birthday is coming, and all I can think of is, to be more focused and relaxed. I want to breathe just a little bit more.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment