Wednesday 4 May 2016

Daily Bread: Commitment, Discipline, and Becoming a Hero of Faith.

“Lord, teach me so that I can be Your tool to help and spread Your love.”

***
Alarm was set to 5 a.m.
*snooze* “That is not right” *stop* “30 more minutes, God.”
My every-morning-scene. Bargained with God and ended up prioritizing my things above God’s, unless I have something really important to talk with God.

Last night youth fellowship’s sermon was such a bomb to me. The illustrations of World War II scattered in my mind, looking so real, making me so exhausted. I actually am not a big fan when it comes to action or thriller story/movie/conversation. I used to be an expert in slowly and unnoticeably disappearing from such talks, but not last night. I was too weak that I did not have enough energy to carry out my escape plan – going to the bathroom.

We were talking about a verse from Ephesians 5:14 (FYI, last night was the very first official meeting of the youth fellowship). The verse was written by Paul to tell us, young generations, to wake up from dead. It was a big slap on my face. I know that my body is wide awake but my mind and my soul are still dead. Body, mind, and soul are the very interconnected aspects that build us, human. We need all three to be able to understand our faith in Christ and the presence of Christ in our lives. They are one and inseparable.


Truth be told, my spiritual relationship with God has been like a light’s switch. Whenever I need God, I turn on the switch. When I don’t, I keep the switch off. You can somehow see it happens in my classroom as well. We usually keep the lights off since we are in a perfect spot to get enough sunrays. We thought that we do not really need the lamp unless during rainy/cloudy season. Difference is noticeable when we turn on and off the lamp. And that is how my relationship with God has been. As off yesterday, I decided to surrender my whole life into God’s hands. There is never been too late to take such decision. If you experienced the same thing as mine, let us grow together. Let us commit and discipline ourselves to read the Bible and most importantly to act it out. Not for the sake of humans’ acceptance but because we know that God never take us for granted and that we need Him every seconds!


***

Paul said, “Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day –and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:8 (NIV).

On Monday morning, May 2nd, 2016, God taught me about the purpose of our lives. In this broken world, it is hard to love and forgive others. But on that morning, God reminded me to start spreading the love of Christ to the people I met, whoever they are, regardless how big or small the action of love might look like. God challenged me to choose to live becoming a hero of faith until that time comes when I get to see Him. I chose to live out a life that inspires others and exemplifies Christ; A live that is not according to my own understanding. As I reflected on today, I could see how God’s spirit carried me through the day. I got less angry and grumpy towards my students. I felt less exhausted, and instead, filled with more spirit, more smiles, and more loves. When I reached my room, I felt so “free.” No burden. There was only joy of knowing and experiencing that I walked with my God and I am so longing to walk with Him for my entire live. So, I guess this is what it meant by walking with God. I know, the road will not always result in happiness but I know it is going to worth the travels. Let us be impactful to the nation! Spread the loves!

Thank you for joining me on this journey. Love always,



No comments:

Post a Comment